Ligamentotomy is one of the most popular methods of penis extension. Although the operation is complicated by the rehabilitation period, it is quite effective. After surgery, the length of the phallus increases by 2-5 cm. These indications can only be obtained if the surgeon's recommendations are strictly followed and the expander is worn regularly.
Tips for surgery
The main indication for ligamentotomy is that the length of the penis is up to 12 cm at full awakening. The most common cause of small penis is anatomical structure (congenital micropenis). However, the operation is carried out in other cases:
- reduction in size after injury;
- hypospadias in which the urethral opening is incorrectly located;
- curvature of the penis (Peyronie's disease);
- epispadias (complete or partial rupture of the upper wall of the urethra);
- replacement of cavernous bodies of the body with connective tissue (cavernous fibrosis);
- Hereditary diseases - Kallman or Klinefelter syndrome.
Contraindications for ligamentotomy
- Presence of mental illness at any stage;
- Location of a malignant tumor in the genital area;
- Presence of uncontrolled hypertension:
- Individual patient resistance to painkillers, anticoagulants, metal sutures, allergic reactions to disinfectant solutions;
- Advanced infection of bacterial etiology;
- inflammatory processes in the genital area;
- Presence of diseases characterized by weak blood clotting;
- Previous operations in this area and genital injuries;
- Presence of sexually transmitted diseases, infectious and inflammatory processes in the lower body.
Preparation for ligamentotomy
The duration of ligamentotomy depends on the method and takes 20-60 minutes. Before the operation, the man undergoes a standard examination, including:
- Consultation with a urologist-surgeon and psychiatrist.
- Blood tests (clinical and biochemical).
- General urinalysis.
- A patch from the urethra.
- Blood test for syphilis, HIV infection and hepatitis.
- Examination by an anesthesiologist.
Preparation for the operation begins 10 hours before, the patient is advised not to eat or drink, his groin area is shaved.
How to lengthen the penis with ligamentotomy?
The operation is performed under anesthesia. Skin incisions are made in the middle of the scrotum, through which the surgeon accesses the penile scalpel. The duration of the operation is 0. 5-1 hours. Absorbed sutures are placed on the skin of the scrotum.
The operation consists of several stages:
- the patient is placed on a sterile sofa;
- spinal anesthesia is performed; monitor the body's reaction;
- the surgeon makes a small incision;
- inspects the connecting link;
- split with a scalpel;
- extends the penis to the maximum length of the ligament with slow and careful movements (different for each person);
- the incision is made; bandage is applied.
Ligamentotomy can be performed in a standard way, but in modern medicine another version is used - by inserting adipose tissue into the cavity to increase the diameter of the penis. It also differs in the types of plastic incisions - through the scrotum or pubis.
Cutting the testicle area
This technique is considered the most modern and safe. Previously, the ligament was opened through the pubis, but now it is done through the scrotum, which opens up new possibilities:
- the operation time is reduced to 10-20 minutes;
- no scars;
- reduction of soft tissue damage;
- it was possible to perform surgical manipulations with a large amount of adipose tissue;
- maximum pain after surgery and during surgery.
Features of the procedure:
- the skin is cut in the scrotum (upper part of the seminal sac), after which the soft tissues are separated from each other;
- opens access to the garden apparatus;
- the ligament is suspended like a surface sling;
- the supporting ligament is released;
- hemostasis is performed.
During the incision of the scrotum, the surgeon focuses on the mobilization of the ligaments located near the branches of the dorsal vein and the spermatic cords.
Incision in the pubic region
This is the first method used to enlarge the penis. Its distinctive features are:
- excision is performed in the pubic area;
- large scars remain;
- high soft tissue trauma;
- difficulties in surgery with an overweight patient;
- long rehabilitation period;
- In many cases, the scar does not allow the penis to move completely upwards.
Differences in methods
Pain sensations differ in these two ways: in the first variant, exit from the scrotal region is characterized by safety and painlessness for the patient, but certain difficulties for the surgeon. In the second option, the doctor's ligament is easier to remove with an incision over the pubic area, but it promises pain to the patient.
Plastic surgery is performed under local anesthesia. The operation takes about 50 minutes. Finally, a bandage is placed on the postoperative area. The stitches are removed after 2 weeks.
Rehabilitation after ligamentotomy. Expandable
The dilator is a conditional device after ligamentotomy, without which there will be no postoperative effect and the operation will be in vain.
The device should be used for 4 hours a day or more for 3 months. It is generally accepted that most of the stretching process takes place from the third to the sixth month.
Results: before and after ligamentotomy
None of the methods can guarantee 100% penis enlargement. Even men who decide to have surgery cannot boast of the results they expect. In most cases, penis elongation is observed, but these figures do not reach 2-3 cm. For example, under normal circumstances, if the length of a boy's genitals does not reach 12-13 cm, it increases to 4 cm after cutting the support. However, this does not mean that this result will be for everyone who performs ligamentotomy.
In this case, further wear of the expander plays an important role. If you wear it according to the scheme prescribed by your doctor, then the growth of the phallus will be more noticeable than going beyond it. A ligamentotomy, the results of which depend directly on the individual structural characteristics of the penis, is an effective method of shaft enlargement, but at the same time, the effectiveness of the procedure is determined by the patient's patience and diligence. After all, it is difficult to wear a stretcher every day for several months. Not everyone can use the device every day.
Is it worth a ligamentotomy?
So, to do or not to do? Not every man can decide on a ligamentotomy. First, it is a responsible decision, and secondly, it is quite expensive. The cost of ligamentotomy in our country can reach tens of thousands of rubles, the difference is determined by the specialty of the plastic surgeon, the rating of the clinic and the cost of the expander.
For obvious reasons, any urology center that respects the patient and performs ligamentotomy provides detailed information about this intimate operation on its website. Plastic extension of the penis by cutting the hanging ligament is considered a simple and relatively safe operation. But no clinic will guarantee it. Therefore, the choice is yours - to operate or try to solve the problem so radically.
How Much Is A Penis Enlargement?
The cost of the operation depends on the specialty of the doctor performing the operation. You should understand that this does not include consultation with a specialist, his examination, hospitalization, necessary medications, postoperative monitoring.